News at the Woodridge Park District
COVID-19 Updates: Playgrounds Are Open & ARC Reopening on July 6
July 6, 2020 Update:
Let's play; our playgrounds are open! Please follow the guidelines that are posted at the playgrounds:
• No more than 50 patrons will be permitted at the playground at any given time.
• Maintain a 6-foot distance from others. Face masks are encouraged when a 6-foot distance can’t be maintained.
• Do not play on the playground if you are sick.
• Equipment is not sanitized; use at your own risk.
Drinking fountains and portable toilets are unavailable until further notice. Play safe, Woodridge!
June 26, 2020 Update:
Hello Phase 4! We are excited to welcome our community back to the ARC the week of July 6 and begin offering additional programming. Woodridge Park District has made the appropriate changes to operations in accordance to Phase 4-Revitalization, is monitoring the progress as we move through these phases and prepared to adjust our operations as necessary. Here are some updates:
• The ARC Fitness Center will reopen on Monday, July 6. Temporary hours are Monday-Friday from 5:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 AM-1:00 PM. The registration desk at the ARC will be open Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-6:00 PM beginning July 13. More information regarding membership details, Group X, KIDZ Club, etc. will be available soon.
• Limited programming will begin running at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center on Monday, July 6; however, the registration desk will remain closed until further notice. Registration can be done online or in-person at the ARC from 9:00 AM-6:00 PM on Monday-Friday beginning July 13.
• The June summer concert and movie, as well as the July 8 summer concert and July 9 movie were cancelled. The remainder of the concert and movies are tentative.
• New and modified programming has been added to the summer lineup; view the Summer 2.0 E-Guide for the most up-to-date information. Here are a few highlights:
-Breakout Summer Camp is running through the first week of August; register your 1st-9th grader for this weekly summer camp.
-Woodridge Soccer Association early bird registration for the fall season runs July 6-26.
-Youth and adult tennis lessons begin Sunday, July 12 at Hobson Corner Park.
-A Youth Fishing Derby will be held at Lake Harriet on Saturday, July 18 from 10 am-12 pm.
-The Disc Golf Summer Tourney will be hosted at the Castaldo Park Disc Golf Course on Saturday, July 11 for players ages 16 and older.
Please remember to practice social distancing while using our parks, trails and facilities. You are protecting yourself and others by doing so!
June 17, 2020 Update:
Great things are happening at the Woodridge Park District next week! Breakout Summer Camp kicks off on June 22 and in-person programming resumes with modifications. Plus, most outdoor amenities are available for use. Here is an updated list of what is closed, open and running.
• Playgrounds: per Executive Order 2020-39
• Hobson Corner Park Tennis Courts: Under construction
• Hobson Corner Park Splash Pad: Closed until guidance is received by the Illinois Department of Public Health
• Fishing: Lake Carleton & Lake Harriet were recently stocked with Catfish and Bass
• Tennis/Pickleball Courts (with the exception of Hobson)
• Basketball Courts
• Baseball/Softball/Soccer Fields
• Castaldo Park Disc Golf
• Sand Volleyball Courts
• Park Shelters: Picnic permits are not authorized and gatherings shall not exceed 10 people during Restore Illinois Phase 3
• Janes Avenue Park Skateboard Park & In-line Hockey/Futsal Court
• Village Greens Golf Course
• Park open spaces and trails
• Outdoor fitness classes continue to run at Duffy’s Pavilion, located on the north end of the ARC parking lot.
• Breakout Summer Camp, a weekly, modified summer camp for campers entering grades 1-9, begins on June 22.
• In-person summer programming resumes with modifications on June 22. View the Summer 2.0 E-Guide for a list of available programs. Please note that programs are added weekly and the guide is updated accordingly.
Please continue practicing social distancing by keeping a 6-foot distance from others or wearing a face mask when you’re unable to maintain a 6-foot distance. Also, please limit all gatherings to 10 people or less in a group.
June 5, 2020 Update:
The Woodridge Park District, in accordance with Phase 3 (Recovery) of the Restore Illinois Plan, has begun to reopen some amenities. We look forward to fulfilling our mission of enhancing one's quality of life by providing superior parks, facilities and recreational services! Below are the details for specific areas of interest:
Playgrounds: Remain closed per Executive Order 2020-39
Janes Avenue Park Skateboard Park & In-line Hockey/Futsal Court: Open
Baseball/Softball/Soccer Fields: Open
• Forest Glen Park: Open
• Westminster Park: Open
• Seven Bridges Park: Opening June 8
• Hobson Corner Park: Closed (Under Construction)
• Janes Avenue Park: Scheduled to open following the completion of recoloring/restriping contract work tentatively taking scheduled the week of June 8, weather permitting
• 83rd Street Park/Sipley School – Scheduled to open following completion of recoloring/restriping contract work tentatively scheduled the week of June 8, weather permitting
• 63rd Street Park – Opening the week of June 8
• Seven Bridges Park: Opening on June 8
Sand Volleyball Courts: Open
Park Shelters: Open but during Restore Illinois Phase 3 no picnic permits are authorized and gatherings shall not exceed 10 people
Castaldo Park Disc Golf: Open
Hobson Corner Park Splash Pad: Closed until guidance is received by the Illinois Department of Public Health
Reminder: Park open spaces, trails, fishing, etc. are open and available.
• Outdoor fitness classes are running daily at Duffy’s Pavilion, located on the north end of the ARC parking lot
• A new, modified version of our summer camp will begin on June 22 for campers entering grades 1-9 in the fall. Breakout Summer Camp will consist of themed weeks with arts & crafts, sports play, on-site entertainment, new friendships, memorable experiences, & much more. Due to the CDC guidelines, field trips and visits to Cypress Cove will not take place during this camp. The counselor to camper ratio will be 1:9 or less and groups will follow all guidelines required to maintain social distancing throughout the day. Registration for each week will close on the Thursday before the start of that upcoming camp week. Stay tuned for detailed information and registration.
• In-person summer programming will resume soon with modifications that will provide enriching summer experiences, while adhering to the guidelines provided by local health officials and the Restore Illinois plan. Modifications will allow for:
o Reduced program sizes
o Increased distancing between participants
o Minimization of shared equipment
o Enhanced cleaning protocols & staff training
o Increased hand washings and access to hand sanitizer
o Elimination of all field trips to non-district locations
Please continue practicing social distancing and limit gatherings not to exceed 10 people in a group.
May 20, 2020 Update:
In cooperation with the State of Illinois’ Restore Illinois plan, Woodridge Park District has made the appropriate changes to operations in accordance to Phase 2 & 3 Recovery. We are monitoring the progress as we move through these phases and we are prepared to adjust our operations plan as we get closer to Phase 4 Recovery. Below are the details for specific areas of interest:
Summer Programs: Registration for summer programming is indefinitely suspended under the Governor’s Restore Illinois Phase 2 & 3 guidelines. The District continues to assess means and methods to safely re-open facilities and provide recreational programs in accordance with federal, state and local public health officials’ guidelines and recommendations. When we are able to safely re-open, the focus will be on programs and offerings that best meet the community’s needs, including day camps. We will continue to post updates on this website that are related to our new virtual and regular summer programming.
Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park: The community’s health, safety and well-being are the Woodridge Park District’s top priorities; therefore, we have made the difficult decision to close operations at Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park for the entirety of the 2020 season due to the extenuating circumstances associated with COVID-19.
In a normal season, the aquatic park draws hundreds to thousands of visitors per day. Due to challenges of enforcing limited group gatherings, social distancing, surface sanitization, and to prevent further possibility of virus spread, it’s the District’s responsibility to protect the overall safety of our kids, guests and employees. Additionally, operating the aquatic park during the pandemic presents several concerns among staff to include but not limited to: compliance with Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan, lack of specific guidance by the Illinois Department of Public Health (“IDPH”), potential delay by IDPH in obtaining a final inspection and permit to operate related to pool filtration replacement project, proper and adequate training for our lifeguards; staffing level adequacy; and the extensive staff labor and personal protective equipment (PPE) required to safely prepare and operate the aquatic park, while adhering to proper social-distancing boundaries.
All season pass purchases and aquatic program registrations will be refunded ASAP in the form of check and will be mailed within 60 days. Additionally, all parties, rentals and group outings that were booked at Cypress Cove will be cancelled and refunded.
We are disheartened with this decision and will truly miss all of our loyal patrons and hope to see you return for the 2021 season. Please, stay safe!
Lake Harriet & Lake Carleton Fishing: Fishing is an approved outdoor recreation activity in accordance with Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-32. To further promote this outdoor activity, the District in the coming weeks will be restocking the lakes with Channel Catfish and Largemouth Bass. Please continue to respect the social distancing guidelines by remaining six feet away from the angler next to you and exhibit care in protecting the natural vegetation on lake banks. Visit the Illinois Department of Natural Resources Division of Fisheries at https://www.ifishillinois.org/ for relevant information regarding fish licensing and rules.
Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) and Fred C. Hohnke Community Center: The community centers are continuing with the suspension of operations until further notice.
ARC Fitness Center: the ARC Fitness Center will continue with suspended operations. The Phase 3-Recovery of the Restore Illinois plan specifically states fitness operations are limited to one-on-one training and outdoor classes. The ARC Fitness team is assessing and considering offering some outdoor fitness opportunities during this phase. Stay tuned for updated registration details for these opportunities at https://www.wpdarc.org/fitness/fitness-schedule/.
Village Greens Golf Course: Village Greens is currently accepting online, prepaid tee times for singles and twosomes in 15-minute intervals in accordance with the State of Illinois Restrictions for Golf Courses. Riding carts (single rider) are available for those with physical limitations if course conditions allow. The driving range, clubhouse, patio, and putting greens remain closed. A limited selection of food and beverage and golf shop merchandise is available for curbside pickup when prepaid online. For specific updates visit www.villagegreensgolf.com and for any other questions related to the operation of Village Greens of Woodridge, call (630) 985-3610 x2.
Outdoor Tennis/Pickleball Courts: The District received official clarification on May 15th from the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (“DCEO”) that tennis courts may reopen.
All Woodridge Park District outdoor tennis/pickleball courts will re-open following completion of court renovations currently underway, which is tentatively anticipated in early June pending suitable weather conditions to complete renovation work. Tennis/pickleball play can resume provided play is limited to singles play only per court and in conformance with social distancing guidelines and posted rules. We believe that the revised guidelines combined with player’s attention to social distancing and limited interaction before and after matches allows for safe play. We’re happy to offer this amenity again! Note, restrooms and drinking fountains will not be available. Please be aware Woodridge Park District reserves the right to close courts at any given time.
Castlado Park Disc Golf Course: The District anticipates re-opening the Castaldo Park Disc Golf course as soon as Phase 3 of Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan takes effect. Conformance to federal, state and local public health officials’ guidelines and recommendations is recommended to include but not limited to simultaneous play limited to 2 players, limit gatherings to less than 10 and maintaining proper social distancing. The District reserves the right to close the course at any given time.
Playgrounds, athletic courts, fields and the Janes Avenue skate park and inline hockey/futsal court remain closed until further notice.
April 29, 2020 Update:
Governor Pritzker extended the Stay-at-Home Executive Order 2020-32 through May 30th, therefore the Woodridge Park District will remain closed until then, with the exception of Village Greens Golf Course. In accordance with the Executive Order, golf courses can re-open beginning May 1st under strict guidelines established by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. Visit www.villagegreensgolf.com for more information to the re-opening of Village Greens Golf Course.
Park open spaces and pathways remain OPEN.
The following District facilities/amenities will remain closed to the public during the extended Stay-at-Home Order:
• Athletic Recreation Center (ARC), 8201 S. Janes Avenue
• Fred C. Hohnke Community Center, 2600 Center Drive
• Tennis/pickleball courts*
• Basketball courts
• Sand volleyball courts
• Athletic fields
• Janes Avenue Park in-line hockey/futsal court & skate park
• Castaldo Park Disc Golf Course
*In an effort to take advantage of the time that the courts are closed, the District approved construction contracts to complete necessary repairs and court recoloring at Hobson Corner Park (Tennis); Janes Avenue Park (Basketball); Seven Bridges Park (Tennis & Basketball); 83rd Street Park/ Sipley School (Basketball); and Westminster Park (Tennis). Additionally, Hobson Corner Park tennis courts will undergo major renovations to include conversion of one tennis court into four separated pickleball courts and replacement of the entire perimeter fencing.
Additionally, new registration dates have been set for summer and specific programs:
• Summer Programs: Resident and nonresident registration begins May 27
• Priority registration for returning students begins at 8:30 am on July 1st at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center; New resident and nonresident registration will begin at 4:30-6:30 pm on July 15th at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center
• Woodridge Soccer Association Fall 2020 Season: Early Bird Registration runs May 27-June 25 and Regular Registration runs June 26-July 7
• Cypress Cove season pass purchases and aquatic program registrations are temporarily suspended in order to assess and make operational adjustments based on forthcoming Illinois Department of Public Health's guidelines.
April 3, 2020 Update:
In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-18 which extends Illinois’ “Stay-at-Home” Order, the Woodridge Park District (“WPD”) remains closed through April 30 or until further notice.
Following is an update of facility and park closures and status of all remaining winter/spring programs, classes, leagues and special events that have been cancelled and/or postponed.
Facilities & Parks
The following facilities remain CLOSED to the public:
• Athletic Recreation Center (ARC), 8201 S. Janes Avenue
• Fred C. Hohnke Community Center, 2600 Center Drive
• Village Greens Golf Course, 1575 75th Street
• Playgrounds; basketball courts; sand volleyball courts; athletic fields; Janes Avenue Park in-line hockey/futsal court & skate park; tennis/pickleball courts (effective 4/4/20); Castaldo Park Disc Golf Course (effective 4/5/20)
Park open spaces and pathways remain OPEN at this time remain.
It is impossible for youth and patrons to maintain a safe social distance while playing team sports. Please consider all sports fields in the community closed to all team sports play and practice until further notice. We are not able to police this closure or physically barricade all sports fields from use. We must count on parents and the community to ensure that social/physical distancing efforts are as successful as possible. We encourage you to continue to stay active and healthy through physical exercise by visiting our numerous parks and walking paths. Just remember to maintain the recommended social/physical distancing guidelines
Village Greens Golf Course Tournaments, Leagues & Programs
• Illinois State Scramble, April 25th-26th: Postponed, date TBD
• Golf leagues scheduled for April: Cancelled
• Permanent Tee Times scheduled for April: Cancelled
• CORE Golf, April/May Session: Cancelled
Adventure / Trek & Travel Summer Camp Programs
• The 10-week camp registration discount date extended to May 26th.
• All summer camp session dates remain the same as of this writing.
Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park
• Season Pass Registration:
-Early Bird Season Passes: Now thru May 28th
-Regular Rates: May 29th - September 7th
• Updated Swim Team Registration Dates:
-Returning Resident Swimmers: Now thru May 5th
-Returning Nonresident Swimmers: Now thru May 6th*
-New Resident Swimmers: May 6th, 7 - 8pm at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center
-New Nonresident Swimmers: May 7th, 7 - 8pm at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center
*all returning nonresident swimmer registrations will be input on May 7 in the order of which they are received.
• Cancelled through the remainder of the school year
• Totschool 2020-2021 Registration:
• Priority (returning students): June 1st
• Residents: June 15th
• Nonresidents: June 22nd
Recreation Programs & Leagues
• All spring programs cancelled through the end of May
• Golden Years and Active Adult programs, clubs and trips cancelled through end of May.
• AARP Driver Safety Courses May 11th and 12th: Cancelled
• Motion Explosion: Cancelled
• Kids Thrill at the Hill: Cancelled
• Cancellation of the following leagues:
- WSA Soccer League
- Girls Softball League
- Pee Wee Soccer League
- Adult Men's Over 40 Soccer League
- Adult Coed Soccer League
- Adult Pickleball Doubles League
- Men's Over-30 Baseball League
- WPD Athletic Tournaments Cancelled
- Woodridge Traveling Storm Soccer (TBD)
We also ask our patrons, members, guests and employees to continue to follow the CDC and Health Department recommendations to stop the spread of germs as listed below.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Just a reminder, there will not be staff on hand to answer phones during the Stay-at-Home Order now through April 30. We will do our best to respond to you Monday-Friday between 8:30 AM-4:30 PM via email sent to email@example.com.
We will continuously monitor information from public health officials, evaluate the situation and inform the community of any updated decisions made on this website.
March 31, 2020 Update:
Today, Governor Pritzker officially extended the “Stay-at-Home” Executive Order through April 30, 2020. The new extension will impact the remainder of winter/spring programs, leagues, classes and special events. Staff is assessing which shall be cancelled, rescheduled and/or delayed, and will process refunds accordingly for programs/classes that are cancelled. Since there is much to do, we respectfully ask for your patience while staff works through this administrative process. Stay tuned for more details.
Woodridge Park District playgrounds, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, athletic fields, and Janes Avenue Park in-line hockey/futsal court and skate park remain CLOSED. Tennis/pickleball courts remain OPEN at this time for play with a maximum of two people per court.
It is impossible for youth to maintain a safe social distance while playing team sports. Please consider all sports fields in the community closed to all team sports play and practice until further notice. We are not able to police this closure or physically barricade all sports fields from use. We must count on parents and the community to ensure that social/physical distancing efforts are as successful as possible. We encourage you to continue to stay active and healthy through physical exercise by visiting our numerous parks and walking paths. Just remember to maintain the recommended social/physical distancing guidelines.
March 25, 2020 Update:
Due to Covid-19, the registration dates for the 2020-2021 Totschool school year have been postponed. New dates will be posted later. Also, new registration dates for new swimmers for the Sea Lions Swim Team are as follows:
• New Residents: April 28 from 7-8 PM at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center
• New Nonresidents: April 30 from 7-8 PM at the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center
March 20, 2020 Update:
The Woodridge Park District parks, trails and open spaces will remain open as an important public resource for fresh air, exercise and access to nature to help individuals cope physically and mentally during this challenging time. As Governor Pritzker noted in his announcement on March 20 of a statewide stay-at-home order due to COVID-19, the new guidelines still allow people outside to walk, run, bike and walk the dog as long as they comply with the CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
The District’s original plan for closure/cancellation of programs and facilities through April 5 is now extended through April 7. Any additional program impacts will be assessed and communication to patrons.The following places/programs/events are closed/cancelled through April 7:
• All park and school playgrounds.
• Janes Avenue Park In-line Hockey/Futsal Court and Skate Park.
• District facilities: Athletic Recreation Center (ARC), Fred C. Hohnke Community Center/Administrative Offices, Village Greens Golf Course.
• All events; programs; league practices and games; and Park District board meetings
• In addition to the above, the following spring events scheduled after April 7 are cancelled: Community Clean Up the Parks Day (free), Road Rally (refunds will be issued for those previously registered) and Motion Explosion (free).
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your visit to a park/open space or time on the trail is as safe as possible.
• Note that all playgrounds are closed to limit the spread of the virus. The Park District and Woodridge Police ask that park users strictly conform to the “CLOSED” signs at the playgrounds as users may increase spread of COVID-19.
• Use CDC guidelines on hygiene before, during and after your visit:
- Do not visit the trail if you are sick or experiencing symptoms.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting.
- Carry and use hand sanitizer if you touch surfaces like handrails.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (preferably with a disposable tissue).
• Keep a minimum distance of six feet from other trail users at all times.
• Warn others on the trail of your presence and step off the trail when necessary to maintain six feet of distance.
• Bring your own food and water—do not use drinking fountains.
• Help us by carrying any trash out with you, particularly used tissues or food wrappers.
We will continue to monitor information from local, state and federal public health and governmental authorities to determine next steps if we need to extend the emergency closure beyond April 7. Be sure to keep an eye on this web page for additional updates.
March 18, 2020 Update:
Due to the recent facility closures, the dates of the Cypress Cove Season Pass Sale have been updated. You can now take advantage of early bird prices through Thursday, May 28.
Click here for more information about purchasing Cypress Cove season passes.
March 17, 2020 Update:
To All ARC Monthly, Annual, Track & Non-Commitment 30-Day Fitness Members,
The Woodridge Park District truly appreciates your patience as the District works through this unprecedented time. As much as we strive to get out information to you all in an expedited time frame, we first need to continually get thoroughly educated on the ever-changing information from public health officials, assess impacts on District operations both internally and externally, and understand various consequences on decision to be made. It is imperative that we continue to vet the information and decisions that affects us all before we convey that to you. We understand one’s anxiety and need for information associated with this issue on all fronts, and we will continue to keep you informed on a factual basis as soon as possible.
Our first priority is the safety of our workforce, the general public and the fitness membership that use District facilities, hence the first major decision per the recommendations of federal, state, county and local public health officials was to close all District facilities through April 5th to minimize the potential of community spread.
We have been and will continue to closely and actively monitor this fluid situation. Changes are occurring daily and sometimes hourly. In some cases, there simply are not yet answers to the questions we seek. Nonetheless the following are answers to frequently asked questions that we can answer at this point in time and the decisions made:
How Long Will the Park District Be Shut Down?
As of this writing on March 17th, the District is officially closed through Sunday, April 5th. The District will continually monitor information and recommendations provided by federal, state and local public health officials in making future prudent decisions for the overall safety of District employees and facility users, which will be conveyed to all as soon as decisions are made.
Will Our Membership Terms Be Adjusted?
Yes! Annual, Track and No-Commitment 30-Day Fitness Memberships will be adjusted to add the number of days to one’s membership period equal to the amount of days the facility is inaccessible during this emergency shutdown.
What Will Happen Regarding Billing for Members Who Are Billed Monthly?
The April 2020 billing has been suspended and memberships will be extended through May 1st.
The Woodridge Park District and ARC Fitness staff acknowledges the importance of keeping healthy and active on a daily basis while still practicing social distancing. Stay tuned for recommended fitness opportunities.
March 14, 2020 Update:
To all Woodridge Park District users impacted by the recent facility closings and program cancellations due to Covid-19, this upcoming week the Park District will be assessing all impacts of cancelled winter/spring programs, leagues, memberships and rentals related to rescheduling missed programs where possible, prorated refunds and/or fitness membership adjustments. Additionally, the District will review potential adjustments to registration timelines for upcoming Summer Activity Guide programs and Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park pass sales. We sincerely appreciate your patience as the Park District further assesses and sorts through these matters during this difficult time and we will continue to communicate updated information as soon as possible. Be safe!
March 13, 2020 Update:
As the Park District continues to monitor and react to the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the safety of our patrons, participants, and staff remains our top priority. Due to increased uncertainty and following recommendations of local, state and federal public health officials to mitigate community spread, it is in the best interest of the community to close the Woodridge Park District Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) and Fred C. Hohnke Community Center/Administrative Office and cancel all programs, rentals and events starting tonight, Friday, March 13, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. through Sunday, April 5, 2020. With regards to the status of the potential opening of Village Greens Golf Course for the season please visit www.villagegreensgolf.com.
Additionally, as of this posting on March 13, the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC), Fred C. Hohnke Community Center and Village Greens Golf Course Clubhouse remain as polling locations for the General Primary Election on Tuesday, March 17.
We will continuously evaluate the situation and inform the community of any updated decisions on this webpage.
March 12, 2020 Update:
Update Regarding the Programming Impacts of COVID-19
The Woodridge Park District continues to closely monitor updates and recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), DuPage County Health Department (DCHD), and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation. The Woodridge Park District is working closely with Woodridge School District #68 and other local government stakeholders to monitor the situation as it pertains to District programs, events and facilities.
With the health and safety of our patrons as a number one priority and out of an abundance of caution, as of today, March 12, the Woodridge Park District has made the following adjustments to programs that involve larger gatherings and vulnerable populations based on the recommendations of the above mentioned agencies.
All District facilities will remain open and winter/spring programs will run as scheduled (including the KIDZ Squad Before and After School program) with the exception of:
• Youth Basketball League Practices & Games – CANCELED
• Youth Travel Soccer League Games – POSTPONED
• Youth In-house Soccer League Games – CANCELED
• Youth Volleyball League Games – CANCELED
• Golden Years Club Meetings – CANCELED until further notice
• Active Adult Clubs, Programs & Trips – CANCELED through 4/30/20
• Park District Programs Held at School District 68 Facilities Including All Star T-Ball and Volleyball Skills Training - CANCELED
As a matter of standard practice, our staff disinfects bathrooms and cleans classrooms, floors, fitness equipment, and frequently-touched surfaces daily. Those efforts have been increased to include but not limited to sanitizing counters, door handles, light switches, elevator buttons, sports equipment, fitness equipment, kid’s toys, etc.
This matter continues to be a fluid situation and we will continue to adjust as needed and post updates on the District's website to keep participants informed of any changes as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 3, 2020 Update:
The Woodridge Park District is carefully monitoring developments regarding the global spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is focused on ensuring that our staff and patrons take preventative measures to protect themselves from getting sick or stop the potential spread of illness to others.
We encourage our staff and patrons to be vigilant in preventing the spread of germs by practicing good hygiene. If you or any members of your family become ill, please stay home and do not participate in Park District programs or visit our facilities until you are well. As a matter of standard practice, our staff disinfects bathrooms and cleans classrooms, floors, fitness equipment, and frequently touched surfaces daily.
The CDC recommends taking the following measures, which are similar to those used to prevent the spread of influenza and other respiratory illnesses:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Thank you for your help in keeping our participants and staff safe and healthy.
Click here to visit the CDC website for more information on steps you can take to minimize your risk.
Click here for information from the World Health Organization that dispels some myths surrounding the Coronavirus.