News at the Woodridge Park District
New Park District Restrictions Begin on Friday Due to Tier 3 Mitigations
November 19, 2020 - As cases of COVID-19 continue to rise throughout the state, Governor Pritzker has announced new statewide Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations .that will go into effect on Friday, November 20th. The Woodridge Park District remains committed to following the state guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and the new mitigation measures will have a significant impact on recreation programs and facilities.
Beginning November 20th, we will implement the following changes and requirements until further notice. We ask the community to help in this effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 by following state guidelines and CDC recommendations to wash your hands, watch your distance (6 ft minimum) and wear a mask.
ARC FITNESS CENTER & TRACK
• The ARC fitness center and track will remain open and will operate at no more than 25% capacity.
• One-hour reservations will be required for use of the fitness center and indoor track. Click here to make your workout reservation.
• Face coverings must be worn at all times, including while engaged in individual exercise regardless of person or machine spacing.
• Group X classes are not permitted at this time.
INDOOR RECREATION PROGRAMS
• All in-person indoor programming and sports, with the exception of KIDZ Squad, Totschool, First Steps and Lunch Buddies, will be paused until further notice. The District will follow state guidance in determining when programming is able to resume.
• The Woodridge Park District team is working tirelessly on contingency plans for rescheduling programs and activities where possible, including moving programs outdoors or modifying to virtual programming. If it is not possible to modify a program, pro-rated credits or refunds will be issued.
OUTDOOR PROGRAMMING & SPORTS
• Outdoor sports and recreation allowed.
• Outdoor practices and sports groups are limited to 10 people or less with social distancing and face covering required at all times.
JEFFERSON JUNIOR HIGH WALKING TRACK
• The Jefferson Junior High Outdoor Walking Track will be open to the public Monday-Friday from sunrise-7:00 pm (lights will be turned on at 4:30 pm) and Saturday and Sunday from sunrise to sunset (no lights will be turned on) beginning November 20-30.
Contact our customer service team with questions and concerns and they will respond as quickly as possible during the hours below:
• By email: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm at mail@woodridgeparksorg.
• By phone: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm at 630.353.3400
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we collectively navigate this pandemic together.