- This event has passed.
Lifeguard Job Fair
May 16 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Get hired on the spot for a lifeguard job at Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park! No need to be certified; Cypress Cove trains and certifies all lifeguards on site.
Employment benefits of lifeguarding at Cypress Cove include:
- $14/hour pay rate
- Free season pass to Cypress Cove, Pelican Harbor Indoor/Outdoor Aquatic Park and Sea Lion Aquatic Park
- 90-day membership to the ARC
- Bring a friend to Cypress Cove on your days off for a discounted rate
- 30% off food at concessions
- Free fountain drinks while on duty
- Flexible scheduling
- Staff-only Dive-In Movie
- Staff appreciation celebration
- Staff Night Out Event at the ARC
- Stay & play after-hours swims
- Free uniforms
- Fun atmosphere
About the lifeguard position:
Lifeguards are responsible for the overall safety of the facility guests. Duties include visually scanning water for distressed swimmers, enforcing facility safety rules, and maintaining facility cleanliness before and after open hours. All lifeguard candidates must successfully complete the Starguard lifeguard certification course which will be provided by the Park District for a fee of $65. The certification course fee will be refunded at the end of the season to all lifeguards who complete the season in good standing. All lifeguard candidates must be able to swim 200 yards (8 pool lengths, non-stop) and tread water for 3 minutes. In addition to completion of the lifeguard course, all lifeguard team members must complete an additional 4 hours of in-service training (provided by the Park District) each month. Applicants should be confident, friendly and not afraid to converse with adults.
Applicant Minimum Age: 15
Average Hours/Week: 30