- This event has passed.
Plant Diseases in the Home Landscape
March 3 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Join the Woodridge Park District’s Active Adult Garden Club for the free presentation, Plant Diseases in the Home Landscape. Registration is not required.
- Understanding what a normal plant looks like compared to one you believe is diseased (abnormal)
- Being able to tell the difference between insect and disease damage
- The factors that promote (or do not) a plant disease
- Breaking down the disease triangle
- Of all the possible known causes of plant diseases, which are most common
About the speaker, Richard Hentschel:
Richard Hentschel graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor’s degree in ornamental horticulture (1974) and a master’s degree in horticulture (1996) focusing on Plant Pathology and Plant Physiology. Richard currently serves DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties as a Horticulture Educator. Hentschel now oversees the Master Gardener Training Program in his Unit as well as web-based programming for the homeowner.
No registration required.