Beginning Wednesday, April 7, the Woodridge Park District’s KIDZ Squad program will include transportation from school to the ARC to coincide with Woodridge 68 returning to five-day in-person learning. Participants can also look forward to arts & crafts, sports play, new friendships, snacks, scheduled homework time, memorable experiences and more! The program follows CDC, federal, state, and local government guidelines pertaining to disinfecting, social distancing, and group sizes. The staff to child ratio will be 1:10 or less and groups will follow all guidelines required to maintain social distancing & will remain static throughout the day. Due to the evolving education plans from the school districts, our pricing allows you to register on a weekly basis.
Registration begins Wedneday, March 17 in person at the ARC. You will be able to register your child(ren) 2 days a week, 3 days a week, 4 days a week or 5 days a week. Registration for each week will close on the Thursday before the start of that upcoming week. The fee is: $14.80 (R)/ $22(N) per day. Please note that spots are limited; after the maximum amount of spots are reached, a waitlist will begin.
Start Date: Monday, August 31st
Fee: $14.80(R)/$15.50(NR) per day
Registration begins August 17th
Register in person at the ARC
3-Day and 5-Day Camp Available
Register on a weekly basis from 2-5 days/week
Designated Homework time every day except fridays
Transportation from schools to the ARC on designated hybrid days
- KIDZ Squad staff will be provided instruction/education on CDC, federal, state, and local government policies, guidelines, and prevention strategies regarding COVID-19.
- KIDZ Squad Staff will be assigned a designated group of participants.
- All participants must have their parent(s)/guardians(s) listed within ePACT as well as at least two additional emergency contacts. All participants must have one contact (parent/guardian/emergency) that is able to come to KIDZ Squad within 30 minutes in the event of an emergency.
- Participants, with the support of a parent or guardian, must conduct a self-assessment daily and not attend after care if they are ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- At the time of drop-off each day, staff will ask the parent/guardian if the participant is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- If an individual begins to exhibit symptoms during after care, they will be isolated from others before being picked up to leave.
- If a participant has symptoms, they should wait to enter the premises until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared, and after not feverish and feeling well (without fever reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart.
- Participants will be required to provide & wear their own face coverings. The Woodridge Park District KIDZ Squad requires participants to bring a mask from home daily.
- Participants must bring a face covering with them to KIDZ Squad Program each day. They must wear their mask at all times when indoors except when eating. Weather permitting, participants will be outside most of the day to give them time to social distance & remove their masks.
- Participant belongings will have proper separation and will not be shared.
- Handwashing or hand sanitizing will be encouraged often. Additional hand washing breaks will be implemented between activities whenever possible.
*Per the CDC, symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Upon arrival at KIDZ Squad after care program (if not taking the bus on designated Hybrid school days) cars will be directed through a car drop-off system. New pick up instructions for KIDZ Squad: Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will have to enter at Door 10 (program room C) to pick up their child(s). There will be staff assisting with pickup during the KIDZ Squad hours.
Daily KIDZ Squad Details
- Hybrid KIDZ Squad will maintain a staff to participant ratio of 1:10 or less.
- Interaction between groups will be determined based on current CDC, federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Daily activities will be structured to encourage small groupings, distance, and frequent activity transitions to keep participants engaged.
- Activities will be set up to allow for 6ft or more distancing between participants. Activities will be set up to allow for 30ft or more distancing between groups of participants.
- Lost and Found will be kept through the end of each week and then disposed of.
- Sanitizer products used for equipment and supplies will meet CDC/ EPA guidelines.
- Whenever possible, KIDZ Squad supplies will be assigned for individual use each day. Equipment and supplies that must be shared between groups will be sanitized prior to use by the next group.
- Cleaning products will include EPA-approved disinfectants or disinfecting wipes for sanitizing equipment before and after use by participants.
- Staff and participants will be required to wash hands with every restroom visit.
- Indoor public areas and restrooms will be cleaned approximately every two hours while programs are scheduled in the building using EPA-registered disinfectants, particularly on high-touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Supplies for handwashing, including soap and material for drying hands, will be checked and stocked every time the restroom is cleaned.
- Due to the evolving education plans from the school districts, our pricing model allows you to register on a weekly basis. You will be able to register your child(s) 2 days/week, 3 days/ week 4 days/week or 5 days/week.