2021-2022 Totschool Enrollment Is Going On Now
Your child will love our program, which emphasizes the ‘FUN’damentals of learning. Emphasis is placed on the whole development of early childhood learning with focus on cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development. Our curriculum incorporates the kindergarten preparation skills desired by kindergarten teachers of our local school districts. The children will explore everyday subjects through a variety of activities such as math skills, science, reading readiness, shapes, colors, music, art, motor development and free play. Peer group interaction is stressed, as it is essential for children. The Totschool program operates in accordance with most of the School District 68 schedule, and begins in September and runs through May . For health and sanitary reasons, all participants must be toilet trained and out of diapers.
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 Totschool Year is going on now. Registration can be done in person at the ARC, 8201 S. Janes Avenue, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Monday-Friday. If you would like information about our Totschool, please call the Totschool Supervisor, Amelia Lozano at (630) 353-3322.
Pre-K 3-Day Program
Children must be 4 years old by September 1, 2021. The morning class meets 9:00-11:25 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the afternoon class meets 12:00-2:25 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Pre-K 4-Day Program
Children must be 4 years old by September 1, 2021. The morning class meets 9:15-11:40 AM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and the afternoon class meets 12:15-2:40 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Children must be 3 years old by September 1, 2021. The morning class meets 9:00-11:25 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the afternoon class meets 12:00-2:25 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3-Year-Old 3-Day Program (T,TH, & FR AM only)
Children must be 3 years old by September 1, 2021. This class meets 9:00-11:25 am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Jolly Phonics, the curriculum for the 3 & 4-year-old program, is a thorough foundation for reading and writing. It uses the synthetic phonics method of teaching the letter sounds in a way that is fun and multi-sensory. Children learn how to use the letter sounds to read and write. Independent studies find that after one year’s teaching, children taught with Jolly Phonics have an average reading age about 12 months ahead of their actual age.
- Please fill out the Registration Form and Auto-Draft Form prior to entering the building.
- Please wear a mask while in the building.
- Please send one parent or guardian into the facility for registration.
- If possible, please leave children at home.
- Please practice 6-foot social distancing while waiting in line.
What residents need to bring to register their child for Totschool:
- Registration form
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill
- Payment for enrollment fee
|Mon, Wed, Fri||Morning Pre-K|
|Tues, Thurs||Morning 3’s|
|Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs||Morning Pre-K||Afternoon Pre-K|
|Tues, Thurs, Fri||Morning 3s|
2021-2022 Informational Documents
|Pre-K – M, W & F: Sept 8th – May 18th||Daily Rate $15/$22|
|Pre-K – M, TU, W & TH: Sept 7th – May 18th||Daily Rate $15/$22|
|3s – TU & TH: Sept 7th – May 17th||Daily Rate$15/$22|
|3s – TU, TH & FR: Sept 7th – May 17th||Daily Rate $15/$22|
COVID-19 Health & Safety
The Woodridge Park District Totschool staff is committed to providing a superior and safe preschool experience by following these guidelines:
- Students and teachers are required to wear masks.
- Each Totschool class will operate at 50% capacity.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the school day.
- Students and teachers will wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer throughout the school day.
- Parents/guardians will pick and up and drop off students in the circle driveway. Parents are not allowed in the Fred C. Hohnke Community Center.
- Parents will receive detailed instructions regarding backpacks, school supplies, etc in mid-August.