August 24, 2020 – The Woodridge Park District follows the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s (DCEO) Restore Illinois guidelines in order to safely operate facilities and programs. Below are the guidelines required to participate in a Woodridge Park District program this fall:
According to the All Sports Guidelines that went into effect on August 15, participants must wear face coverings in the following situations:
- Indoor Sports: Wear a face covering at all times including during game play and practices.
- Outdoor Sports: Wear a face covering whenever not in play (on the sideline, bench, etc). A face covering is not required while actively participating in a sport.
- Exceptions can be made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering.
All Other Programs
Participants must wear face coverings at all times including while participating in a program and while inside a facility.
Face coverings are not required at outdoor special events; however, participants should and are encouraged to wear a face covering when a 6-foot distance cannot be maintained outdoors.
In addition to face coverings, we also ask that our patrons follow the same guidelines as staff to help protect yourself and others:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash/sanitize your hands often
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others
Please note that the DCEO and/or Woodridge Park District guidelines for face coverings and any other safety precautions may change at any time. If this occurs, updates will be posted here on the District’s website.