The new sled hill, located just west of Jefferson Jr. High’s new athletic field complex, was closed last winter in order to properly establish the hillside turf, but it’s now ready for snow and sledders! The 22-foot hill will be open during daylight hours when conditions allow for sledding. Parking spaces are located immediately north of the sled hill thanks to an intergovernmental agreement between the Park District, Village, School District #68 and Library to add additional parking within Town Centre. Visit the “Weather Updates” web page to view the sled hill’s status and sign up for text or email alerts for updates.
SLED HILL RULES
- Sled only in designated areas (east and west slopes).
- Guardians/Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children. No supervision provided.
- Building berms, jumps, ramps, moguls or adding obstacles is prohibited.
- Use of alcohol and smoking are prohibited.
- Use caution when sledding:
- No more than 2 persons per sled permitted.
- Keep a safe distance from others when sledding.
- Keep sled under control. Avoid other sledders’ paths.
- Move quickly out of other sledders’ paths and exit bottom of hill promptly.
- Walk up designated trail on north side of sled hill.
- Sledding ONLY! Skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing and motorized vehicles are prohibited.
Use the sled hill at your own risk. Sledding is a hazardous activity and presents inherent risks. Users assume full responsibility for determining if the conditions are safe for sledding. Call 911 for emergencies.